Among the hotels in Woodstock, Oxfordshire, The Feathers is known for its unique decor, fine dining, comfortable shared spaces and great location. Just a short walk from the entrance to Blenheim Park, this former 17th-century town house is just eight miles from the historic university town of Oxford and 73 miles from London.
Unlike some of the other hotels in the Woodstock, The Feathers is equipped with a large conference and meeting space called the Drawing Room. This space fits up to 30 people, with catering service available for business meetings and corporate retreats. Many hotels in Woodstock and the surrounding Cotswolds cater to summer wedding parties, and The Feathers is no exception. The Feathers offers luxurious accommodations that include a private steam room in the Goldcrest room. You can check the hotel's availability online, which is a major convenience if you're planning a wedding during the summer months, when the rooms fill up quickly.
There are plenty of things to do in town and some interesting sites to see in nearby areas. Start your vacation off right with one of these popular excursions:
- Blenheim Castle - the home of the 11th Duke of Marlborough and the birthplace of Winston Churchill, this site is located just a short walk away from The Feathers hotel in Woodstock
- Woodstock Town Square - featuring tea houses, brew pubs, antique stores and the historic town hall, dating back to 1766
- Bladon Church - the final resting place of Sir Winston Churchill
- Oxford - the legendary university town features buildings dating back to 1249, with architectural designs from the Elizabethan, Jacobean and Victorian eras
- Banbury - a quaint town just 15 miles away that features the Banbury Cross, commemorating the marriage of Queen Victoria and the Prince of Prussia, and the majestic Broughton Castle